Making Things Easier to See!
Q: How can I make things bigger and easier to see on my computer?
A: There are two easy options for this. They are shown below:
The Magnifier Tool. This tool lets you enlarge all or part of your computer screen.
STEP 1: To access the magnifier tool, simply click the start menu.
Type the word magnifier into the search box.
STEP 2: Go to the top of the start menu (this is called the "jump list") and click on "Magnifier". It will be highlighted in a blue bar for you.
Helpful Hint:You can avoid having to do these steps each time by "pinning" the magnifier tool to your taskbar (the bar across the very bottom of your computer screen) or the Start Menu.
I recommend the Taskbar for easier use.
- To "Pin" this tool, simply right-click the highlighted magnifier bar.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Choose "Pin to taskbar" or "Pin to start menu".
Q: How do I turn the magnifier off?
A: To turn off the magnifer, Simply press the "windows" and "ESC" key together.
However, if you prefer to keep using the magnifier tool, but want to adjust the screen size, simply click the >> arrowed section in the middle of the magnifying glass icon.
Pressing the ">>"
will bring up the -
adjustment options. Press the minus button to return the screen to it's normal size, and press the plus button to enlarge again. You can continue to press the plus button to enlarge even further.
Screen Resolution. You can permanently enlarge your entire computer's viewing area by performing the following steps. NOTE: You can easily change back if you want.
- Right-click on the desktop area of your computer. A pop-up window will appear. From the list of options, choose "Screen Resolution".
- In the pop-up window, click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller".
- From here, you can choose "Larger-150%". You can also make text larger by licking to the bottom right on the line: "Set custom text size (DPI)"